What Will You Learn
This Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop II Release 2 training takes the database administrator beyond the basic tasks covered in the first workshop. You'll begin by gaining a deep understanding of the most important responsibilities a DBA has: performing backup and recovery.
- Diagnose and repair data failures with Flashback technology.
- Manage space to optimize database storage so you can respond to growing space requirements.
- Monitor and manage major database components, including memory, performance and resources.
- Secure the availability of your database through appropriate backup and recovery strategies.
- Automate DBA tasks with the Scheduler.
Benefits to You
Ensure fast, reliable, secure and easy to manage performance. Optimize database workloads, lower IT costs and deliver a higher quality of service by enabling smooth and rapid consolidation within your Datacenter.
Backup & Recovery
The concepts and architecture that support backup and recovery, along with the steps required to execute it in various ways and situations, are covered in detail. You'll learn how to define and test your own backup and recovery scenarios.
Manage Memory Effectively
You'll also learn how to manage memory effectively, as well as how to perform some performance evaluation and tuning tasks. Instructors will review all types of flashback technologies, scheduling jobs inside and outside of the database and controlling system resource usage.
This course counts towards the Hands-on course requirement for the Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certification. Only instructor-led in class or instructor-led online formats of this course will meet the Certification Hands-on Requirement. Self Study and Knowledge Center courses DO NOT meet the Hands-on Requirement.
- Database Administrators
- Support Engineer
- Technical Consultant
- Technical Administrator
Oracle Database 11g Release 2: Database Architecture and Recovery Operations
- Oracle Database Architecture
- Backup and Recovery Operations
Oracle Database 11g Release 2: The RMAN Catalog and Creating Backups
- The RMAN Recovery Catalog
- Creating Backups with RMAN
Oracle Database 11g Release 2: Performing Restore and Recovery Tasks
- Restore and Recovery Tasks
- Performing User-Managed Backup and Recovery
Oracle Database 11g Release 2: Using, Monitoring and Tuning RMAN
- Using RMAN to Perform Recovery
- Monitoring and Tuning RMAN
Oracle Database 11g Release 2: Database Diagnostics and Flashback Technologies
- Diagnosing the Oracle Database
- Flashback Technologies
Oracle Database 11g Release 2: Managing Database Memory and Performance
- Managing Memory
- Managing Database Performance
Oracle Database 11g Release 2: Managing Database Resources and the Scheduler
- Managing Resources
- Task Automation and Administration
Oracle Database 11g Release 2: Managing Database Space and Duplication
- Oracle Database 11g Release 2: Managing Database Space and Duplication
- Duplicate Databases
- Configure the Oracle Database for optimal recovery
- Configure the database instance such that resources are appropriately allocated among sessions and tasks
- Schedule jobs to run inside or outside of the database
- Use compression to optimize database storage and duplicate a database
- Back and recover a database (and its parts) with RMAN (command-line and Enterprise Manager)
- Use flashback technology to view past states of data and to revert either objects or the entire database back to a past state
- Use an appropriate and flexible memory configuration for your database
- Identify burdensome database sessions and poorly performing SQL
Recommended Related Training Courses:
- Oracle Database 11g: Security Release 2
- This Database 11g Security training teaches you to use Oracle Database features to meet the privacy, compliance and security requirements of your organization. Learn how to secure the database and use its features that enhance security.
- Oracle 11g: RAC and Grid Infrastructure Administration Accelerated Release 2
- This Oracle 11g: RAC and Grid Infrastructure Administration Accelerated Release 2 Training teaches you about Oracle Grid Infrastructure products. Expert Oracle University instructors will help you deep dive into Oracle Automatic Storage Manager (ASM), ASM Cluster File System, Oracle Clusterware and more.
- Oracle Database 11g: Performance Tuning DBA Release 2
- This Oracle Database 11g Performance Tuning training is an advanced curriculum course. It builds on the Introduction to Performance Tuning in the Administration Workshop I and II courses, focusing on the tuning tasks expected of a DBA.
- Oracle Database 11g: Backup and Recovery Workshop
- This Database 11g Backup & Recovery training will teach you to evaluate your own recovery requirements & develop an appropriate strategy for backup & recovery procedures. Get hands-on practices and workshops in a realistic technical environment.