What Will You Learn
View a newer version of this course
This Oracle Database: Introduction to SQL training helps you write subqueries, combine multiple queries into a single query using SET operators and report aggregated data using group functions. Learn this and more through hands-onexercises.
- Understand the basic concepts of relational databases ensure refined code by developers.
- Create reports of sorted and restricted data.
- Run data manipulation statements (DML).
- Control database access to specific objects.
- Manage schema objects.
- Manage objects with data dictionary views.
- Retrieve row and column data from tables.
- Control privileges at the object and system level.
- Create indexes and constraints; alter existing schema objects.
- Create and query external tables.
Benefits to You
Gain expertise in relational database data management as you learn how to effectively use SQL commands against your business data. These features will help you query and manipulate data within the database, use the dictionary views to retrieve metadata and create reports about their schema objects.
Learn Advanced Features of SQL
In order to query and manipulate data within the database, use the dictionary views to retrieve metadata and create reports about their schema objects, you'll learn to understand the advanced features of SQL. Some of the date-timefunctions available in the Oracle Database are also covered. This course also discusses how to use the regular expression support in SQL.
In this course, the main development tool used is Oracle SQL Developer. SQL*Plus is available as an optional development tool. This is appropriate for a 10g and 11g audience. There are minor changes between 10g and 11g features in SQL.
This course is a combination of Oracle Database: SQL Fundamentals I and Oracle Database: SQL Fundamentals II courses.